As most of the web sites, this site automatically logs and analyses certain information about every request made of it. This information is used for system administration, for bug tracking, and for producing usage statistics. The logged information may be kept for up to two years. Log files do not capture personal information but do capture the user's IP address, which is automatically recognised by our web server. We also record usernames of logged in users.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide when registering with our website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
A cookie is a small amount of information stored by a website on visitor's computer or a device. The cookie is sent back to its website by the browser. You can use browser settings to control which websites are permitted to set cookies on your computer, as well as the type of cookies each website is allowed to set.
Managing and deleting cookies
Instructions for managing and deleting cookies for the users of:
For more information about the cookies, and how to disable and manage them, visit aboutcookies.org.
Types and categories of cookies
During your visit to our website three types of cookies may be stored on your device. They are:
- Temporary (session) cookies, which are deleted after the visit.
- Persistent cookies, which remain on your computer after the visit.
- Third-party cookies - set by external websites, whose services we use.
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features.
- Performance cookies. These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and cannot be used to identify a visitor. It is only used to improve how a website works.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. These cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Targeting cookies or advertising cookies. These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests
Cookies set by this website
If you are not registered with our website, we may set the cookies listed in the following table.
|Persistent||Strictly necessary||Drupal (https://www.drupal.org/), which is our content management system, sets these cookies to store user interface preferences.|
|cookie-agreed-en||Persistent||Strictly necessary||Used by EU Cookie Compliance script to remember your choice.|
|__utmb||Session||Performance||Google Analytics cookie.|
|__utmc||Expires 30 minutes after the last request||Performance||Google Analytics cookie.|
|__utmz||Persistent (6 months)||Performance||Google Analytics cookie.|
|__utmv||Persistent||Performance||Google Analytics cookie.|
You can use Gogle Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on to block Google Analytics cookies.
If you have registered with our website, we may set additional cookies. For example, we use session cookies to track logged in users throughout their sessions. These cookies are strictly necessary.
Gaia UK website uses third-party services, for example we use ShareThis social media plugin, YouTube to host videos, and Slideshare for hosting presentations. Provides of these services may use their own cookies - please check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.